Discover the best of the Bologna Apennines with a two-day excursion among towns, waterfalls and local food.
On Saturday, you will visit a company producing Parmigiano Reggiano, a delicacy you will savour at the end of the tour, and walk around enchanted places. You will explore the Labante cave with its amazing natural waterfall, a gem recognised as a Site of Community Importance, and reach the enchanting Pieve di Roffeno passing by townsand old mills.
On the Sunday, you will discover Porretta with its famous spa and enjoy a delicious tasting session featuring local products.
Saturday only on foot
Full price: € 15
Concessions: € 7.50
Full price: € 25
Concessions: € 15
Full price: € 75
Concessions: € 50
Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th October 2018
1 or 2 days
- 10:30am Meeting at the cheese factory in Pieve di Roffeno, via Santa Lucia 19 - Rocca di Roffeno: the morning steps to make cheese and Parmigiano Reggiano in particular, visit to the small Museo della Civiltà Contadina (Museum of Rural Civilisation) near the factory
- 1pm Lunch at Osteria Santa Lucia
- 4pm Meeting at the Church of San Cristoforo, via Val D’Aneva 102 - Castel D’Aiano: tour of the Labante Cave, the most interesting geological monument of the Valle del Reno with its waterfall and limestone formation
- 5:30pm Meeting in Pieve di Roffeno, via Rocca di Roffeno - Vergato: tour of romantic Pieve, Medieval baptismal font, Medieval town and 17th-century watermill
- 6:30pm arrival in Porretta Terme and check in
- Free dinner and overnight stay
- 10am Meeting in Piazzale Protche (in front of the train station) with a GAE guide and guided tour of Porretta Terme, historic spa capital in the Apennines. Guided tour of the town centre to discover the history of the city, palaces, buildings and spa culture, ending with a tasting session featuring products from the historic Forno Corsini. Possibility to purchase products.
Lunch at Osteria Santa Lucia
All transfers (participants must have a car)
Anything not listed in the "included" section
INFORMATION AND NOTES:
All excursions are suitable for everyone: there are no steep slopes or demanding itineraries, so closed shoes with a sculpted sole are suitable.