From August 6th 2021, to access the Clock Tower and the Municipal Art Collections, it will be mandatory that visitors show their Green Pass (also "EU Digital COVID Certificate") QR Code, accompanied by a valid identity document.
For more informations -> click here
A unique experience that will allow you to discover Palazzo d’Accursio, one of the landmarks of Bologna and symbols of power. Discover every corner of the imposing Clock Tower, the tower that guides the city in the beating of its time and the Municipal Art Collections, a unique museum with fascinating halls where the history of Bologna is treasured.
Entering from the courtyard and climbing the elegant "staircase of horses", up to the second floor, you will first enter the Accursio Tower (Torre Accursio), better known as the Clock Tower. Here, by using your smartphone, you will listen to the audio guide that will take you within the halls of the building, until you reach the beating heart of the tower: the mechanism that makes the clock work. You will hear anecdotes about how the building and the tower have spanned the centuries to the present day and you will have a unique opportunity for an unbeatable view of Piazza Maggiore.
You will also have access to the Municipal Art Collections, housed in the rooms that were once used as the residence of the Cardinal Legates. Also in this case, with the help of an audio guide, you will wander among paintings, art objects, furniture, porcelain and fabrics ranging from the Middle Ages to today, up to reaching the Urban Room (Sala Urbana), a masterpiece of the Bolognese Baroque with its heraldic decoration.
Clock Tower (Torre dell'Orologio),
Palazzo D'Accursio, Piazza Maggiore, 6 - 40124
- Visit with audio guide of the Clock Tower (Please note: the terrace at the top is temporarily not accessible*)
- Entrance to the Municipal Art Collections (Please note: verify the Art Collections opening hours before planning your visit**)
: €8,00 p/person
€5,00 p/person (Bologna Welcome Card EASY
and Bologna Welcome Card PLUS
holders; children 4 to 12 y.o.; over 65; school trips; university students; groups of minimum 6 people led by touristic guides)
Reduced price Card Cultura
€5,00 p/person (Card Cultura)
for children under 4 years old; authorized touristic guides
The booking of free tickets reserved for people with disabilities and helpers must be made by writing an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or at the Bologna Welcome Info Point in Piazza Maggiore.
The sales of the services is managed by Bologna Welcome Incoming Travel Agency
If you cancel or modify your entrance time at least 24 hours before the scheduled entrance at the Clock Tower (Torre dell’Orologio), there is no cancellation fee, later you will be charged the entire price of the service.
GREEN PASS RULES
- * The terrace at the top is temporarily closed. During the visit you get access to the castellated terrace at the bottom of the clock
- ** The opening hours of the Municipal Art Collections differ from the tower ones. Make sure to verify them before planning your visit.
- Card Cultura holders have to use the card to access the Municipal Art Collections.
- You will receive by email a voucher for the entrance of the Municipal Art Collections that will be changed with the entrance ticket at the Municipal Art Collections booking desk inside Palazzo D'Accursio.
- To ensure a safe visit of the tower, it is mandatory to arrive 5 minutes before the entrance time.
- Late visitors will not be admitted into the Clock Tower (Torre dell’Orologio), unless they book and pay a new visit at another available slot.
- Children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult.
- Animals are not allowed.
In compliance with current government regulations, from August 6th 2021 it will be mandatory that visitors show their Green Pass (also "EU Digital COVID Certificate"), accompanied by a valid identity document, to access the Torre Asinelli and the Torre dell'Orologio.
This provision do not apply to children under the age of 12 and to individuals with specific medical certification.
ATTENTION: without the documets cited above it will not be possible to access the Museum and to receive a refund for the tickets purchased.
Others main anti-Covid measures remain in force: at the entrance all visitors must undergo a temperature measurement and it is stricly mandatory to wear a mask inside the museums. Along the exhibition path visitors can also find dispensers of sanitizing gel, and the entrances have a limited capacity in respect of the physical distance required for the safety reasons.