From EUR 5
The Museum of Industrial Heritage is located on the northern outskirts of Bologna, in a structure that was once a brickworks on the banks of the Navile, a navigable channel that once ran through the city.
The brickworks was built in 1887 with its non-stop cycle Hoffmann kiln. It produced bricks, Marseille roof tiles and fired bricks using the top-quality clay present locally. At the end of the century, Galotti expanded enough to need another Hoffmann kiln. Some traces of this second kiln are still visible in the courtyard. The factory was abandoned after closing in 1966. The City of Bologna later purchased it and renovated it between 1984 and 1990. The brickworks was completely converted to host the museum, other activities and institutions.
Museum of Industrial Heritage
Via della Beverara 123 - 40131